Business Services Coordinator for the Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Science department
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking applications for a Business Services Coordinator for the Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Science department. This is a full-time, permanent staff position.
Purpose of the Position: This position provides administrative support at a senior level for the department chair and functions as the office manager, department budget manager, and HR Coordinator, and oversees workloads for administrative support staff and student workers. The position manages and reconciles all department budgets, manages all hiring responsibilities for the department, serves as a liaison for all requests with the Dean’s office, ensures compliance for all international employees/visiting scholars, serves as departmental timekeeping manager for all payroll actions in Kronos, provides executive assistant support to the department chair, and has oversight of reappointment, promotion, tenure and tenure review process annually.
Salary: $46,716 - $51,907
Minimum Qualifications: Four-year degree in a related business function and two or more years of experience in accounts reconciliation, business processing, office management, or human resources; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Essential Job Duties:
-Executive Assistant to the Chair
- Calendar, schedule, and appointments
- Travel support for the chair
- Faculty meeting scheduling, agenda, minutes
- Advisory board meeting membership, scheduling, agenda, minutes
- ME Office Staff supervision and evaluation
- Time cards and leave forms
- Works with ME Office staff to provide an overview of department finances including state funds, contracts, and grants
- Coordinates faculty personnel processes including:
- Departmental Promotion and Tenure process
- Leaves of Absence, course buyouts
- Graduate faculty appointments
- Post-tenure review
- Teaching evaluations
- ME committee membership
- Part-time faculty hiring
- Support for visiting faculty and post-docs
- Coordination with International Programs on visa, green card, work eligibility
- Space tracking and allocation
- Annual evaluation data (NORM, Banner, MyEvals, ReachNC) tracking
- Conflict of Interest and External Activities for Pay compliance
- Assists the Associate Chair for Graduate Programs including:
- Graduate student office assignments
- Qualifying and Comprehensive Examinations
- Graduate Admissions
- Graduate TA hiring, lapsed salary accounting
- Undergraduate grader hiring, TA assignments, evaluation
- Graduate student recruiting including SREU, recruiting events, and documents
- Graduate student degree compliance, progression, forms
- SACS compliance
- Coordinates departmental operations including:
- Keys and key-card access
- Archibus work requests
- Conference room scheduling
- Annual report assistance
- Coordinate telephone tracking
- Organizational Chart maintenance
- Coordinate ME directory maintenance
- Follow all University Policies and Procedures
Preferred Qualifications: Ability to learn University systems and procedures, including 49er Mart, BOA Works, Banner Finance, payment request forms, ePAF, Malibu, and eGA. Experience generating reports and creating spreadsheets. Administrative experience including calendar management, office management, correspondence, and Google Workspace. HR experience with hiring processes that include but are not limited to scheduling and recruitment database management. Excellent communication and problem resolution.
Salary and benefits are competitive; interested individuals should apply online at https://jobs.charlotte.edu. Search for SHRA job #001828. Applicants are subject to background checks.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.