Senior Network Administrator
Senior Network Administrator
Office of Information Technology
The University of New Haven, founded on the Yale campus in 1920, is a private, coeducational university that has been recognized by The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report for academic excellence. Located between New York City and Boston in the shoreline city of West Haven, the University is a diverse and vibrant community of nearly 7,000 students from across the globe.
Within the University of New Haven’s colleges and schools, students immerse themselves in a transformative, career-focused education across engineering, health sciences and healthcare, business, law enforcement and public service, the liberal arts and sciences, and the fine arts.
More than 100 academic programs are offered, all grounded in a longstanding commitment to collaborative, interdisciplinary, project-based learning. The University of New Haven ranks among the top universities in the Northeast and boasts nationally ranked programs in a number of majors across business, criminal justice, health sciences, engineering, cybersecurity, forensic science, and the liberal arts and sciences.
Here, the experience of learning is both personal and pragmatic, guided by a distinguished faculty who care deeply about individual student success. As leaders in their fields, faculty members provide the inspiration and recognition needed for students to fulfill their potential and succeed at whatever they choose to do.
Under the leadership of President Steven H. Kaplan, who was named the sixth president in 2004, the University has experienced significant growth — both in enrollment and in the expansion of the University’s West Haven campus. Full-time undergraduate enrollment has more than doubled, and first-year applications have nearly quadrupled.
Over the last decade, the University has completed more than $300 million in major capital projects while launching 26 new academic programs. The University has also added campuses in Tuscany, Italy, and Orange, Conn.
For more background on the University of New Haven please visit: www.newhaven.edu
The University of New Haven: Campus tour given by students and an overview message from President Steve Kaplan.
Provide network hardware and system support to the university community. Duties include configuring and installing new or replacement network hardware, configuring and supporting the wireless network, supporting all residential networks including off campus housing and maintaining network documentation. Design new or renovation construction network requirements and equipment. Assist Director of Networking with network security management.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolve network problems throughout the University Community, including dormitories, wireless and remote locations
- Install updates to network equipment and software, including, but not limited to, operating systems, utilities and third party products
- Configure and install new or replacement network hardware including VLAN configuration and routing
- Manage, configure and maintain university firewalls
- Investigate and report security breaches; collaborate with Director to insure continuity of security measures; research and recommend solutions to security problems
- Provide system maintenance, including monitoring all logs, backing up configurations
- Implement log monitoring of all network traffic and archival of logs
- Devise methods for performance and enhancement
- Train in usage of new hardware
- Flexible hours as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Juniper, Cisco, and Aruba/HPE networks and wireless systems
- Familiarity with Fortinet firewalls and network security standards
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Technical/mechanical aptitude
University of New Haven Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Vision
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a diverse institution which celebrates, respects, and values individuals of all social identities. We believe that as members of the university community, our socio‐cultural differences ignite intellectual growth and foster a culture of understanding that embraces our ever‐changing society.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you have the qualifications we are looking for and are interested in working for an institution where the experience of learning is both personal and pragmatic and one that is guided by a distinguished faculty who care deeply about individual student success, we want to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references, all of which will remain confidential, through this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/107946
If you have any issues with this submittal, please contact us at HRDept@newhaven.edu
It is mandatory that UNH employees abide by all pre-determined Covid related policies and procedures.