Office of Marketing & communications
The University of New Haven, founded on the Yale campus in 1920, is a private, coeducational university that has been recognized by The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report for academic excellence. Located between New York City and Boston in the shoreline city of West Haven, the University is a diverse and vibrant community of nearly 8,800 students from across the globe.
Over the last decade, the University has completed more than $300 million in major capital projects while launching 26 new academic programs. The University has also added campuses in Tuscany, Italy, and Orange, Conn.
For more background on the University of New Haven please visit: www.newhaven.edu
The University of New Haven: Campus tour given by students and an overview message from Chancellor Steve Kaplan.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Responsible for developing print, web, and social media marketing materials from concept to completion. Position requires a great sense of design and concept development along with strategic thinking.
- Design high-quality original pieces for print, web, and social media that are visually enticing, marketing savvy, and adhere to the framework of the university’s identity.
- Interact with clients to interpret and analyze design needs within their budget and time limitations.
- Works with external vendors, which include printers, photographers, mail houses and design firms.
- Manage projects from conception to completion, which also includes evaluating printing estimates and coordinating and reviewing print production.
- Oversee the mailing of marketing materials, ensuring pieces meet US mail criteria, collecting mail lists, and coordinating with mail houses and in-house mail department.
- Coordinate photo shoots and formulate and coordinate design concepts for photos.
- Show initiative in completing assigned projects with minor supervision.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Graphic Designer and Senior Executive Director of Marketing and Communications in order to meet the goals of marketing and communications and the mission of the University
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- S. or B.A. in Graphic Design
- 3+ years of experience in print design
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional design and layout skills
- A good grasp of industry design and printing principles and practices
- The ability to juggle multiple projects while setting priorities, managing time effectively, and paying attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must work well in a team environment
University of New Haven Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Vision
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a diverse institution which celebrates, respects, and values individuals of all social identities. We believe that as members of the university community, our socio‐cultural differences ignite intellectual growth and foster a culture of understanding that embraces our ever‐changing society.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you have the qualifications we are looking for and are interested in working for an institution where the experience of learning is both personal and pragmatic and one that is guided by a distinguished faculty who care deeply about individual student success, we want to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references, all of which will remain confidential, through this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/122167
If you have any issues with this submittal, please contact us at HRDept@newhaven.edu