Educational Program Assistant 2
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences seeks applicants for a full-time position as an Educational Program Assistant 2 for the Department of Chemistry. Under the general supervision of the Educational Program Administrator, the incumbent will provide administrative and program support for the Department with a focus on the graduate program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the graduate admissions functions; answers questions, disseminates information, and collects application materials for the graduate program and graduate student awards. Maintains organized files of applicants and assists the departmental Graduate Admissions Committee in the processing of evaluating applications for admissions.
- Acts as the departmental liaison with the Graduate School and advises students on rules and regulations of the Graduate School, Department, College, and University. Facilitates the processing of forms, course registration, and the meeting of program requirements.
- Coordinates communication between the Department and other central offices in academic matters regarding graduate students and departmental needs.
- Maintains program statistics, assembles data, and prepares reports for the purpose of monitoring the progress of students.
- Maintains files and records, as well as resource materials and program information.
- Initiates graduate employment paperwork and fellowships for the Department.
- Plans and executes program events, speaker arrangements, outreach activities, and promotional materials.
- Hires, trains and supervises undergraduate student employees.
- Processes all undergraduate payroll transactions.
- Processes department reimbursements, travel expense reports, orders, and other related fiscal documents.
- Updates and monitors Department website.
- General help with undergraduate/outreach program, such as REU/SECRET/SEED.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of experience in a responsible administrative support position.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office and enterprise software.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Three years or more of related experience.
- Familiarity with website design and maintenance, including working knowledge of WordPress.
- At least one year of experience in (academic) program support.
- Ability to work independently and regularly exercise judgment regarding administrative detail and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a high-volume fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a higher education academic environment.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496431 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on June 24, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.