Assistant Director Admissions Communications, Hybrid Remote
Assistant Director Admissions Communications, Hybrid Remote
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati puts education into action, ranking among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
At UC, today’s possibilities spark tomorrow’s reality.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is searching for an Assistant Director of Admissions for Communications. Reporting to the Associate Director of Student Engagement and Marketing, the Assistant Director will lead the communications team in the creation, implementation, and execution of strategic communications with prospective students, high school counselors, and community-based organizations, including email, print, web, and other media. The Assistant Director will work closely with the Associate Director for Student Engagement and Marketing to build awareness of University of Cincinnati and ensure the university’s communication plans build affinity among prospective students all while driving students towards enrollment. The Assistant Director must consider best practice in communication efforts regarding populations such as rural students, first-generation students, transfer students, and underrepresented students as well as traditional high school students. Therefore, an understanding of how to design email, print, web, and other media to meet varying needs based on target population will be critical. The Assistant Director will supervise staff members, oversee content creation of first year, transfer, and other email communication plans, enrollment blog articles, website modifications, print assets, and other products that enhance the University of Cincinnati brand and further the institution’s enrollment goals.
This position will offer flexibility for a hybrid remote work arrangement for applicants with a residence within OH/IN/KY. Remote work arrangements are subject to change in accordance with university policies.
- Assist in the determination of policies and procedures for the recruitment and admission of students.
- Advise and maintain liaison with the directors of various projects and special programs on campus and in outside agencies regarding admission of target populations.
- Coordinate admission of students including counseling students and parents, reviewing applications, determining eligibility, and recommending alternatives whenever appropriate.
- Assist in determining budget needs for respective areas.
- May coordinate student recruitment for assigned geographic area.
- Lead efforts associated with a function of the Office of Admissions such as recruitment, communications, events/visits, operations and processing, or the recruitment of strategic populations and associated programs.
- Represent Office of Admissions at state and national professional meetings, college fairs, etc.
- May provide direct and/or indirect supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
Three (3) years of relevant experience such as admissions, higher education recruitment, marketing, social media management, email marketing, etc.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design, or a related field is ideal.
- Experience in a higher education setting is ideal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including proven copy editing experience and ability.
- Demonstrated history of continued education to stay abreast of current and future marketing innovations and trends.
- Strong project management and organization skills; Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work collegially with campus and community partners faculty, staff, and prospective students and families.
- Proven ability to provide superior customer service.
- Candidate must be willing and able to work select evenings and weekends (5-10 times per year).
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Previous supervisory experience of professional and/or student staff.
- Experience with Slate or other CRM software.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Interested and qualified applicants must apply online at https://bit.ly/3vT3OYO. In addition to completing the online application, applicants must include the following:
- A resume
- A cover letter (explaining your interest in the position)
- List of three (3) professional references.
Please use the additional documents feature as needed for these items.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $48,500 - $53,000 dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.