Storm Water Operations and Maintenance TechnicianTown of Hilton Head Island
The Storm Water Operations & Maintenance Technician provides technical support related to operation and maintenance of the Town's storm water infrastructure.
Primary duties include:
- Assisting with the storm water infrastructure maintenance program, developing work orders, coordinating with contractors, utility providers, and the public, inspecting construction for compliance with plans and permits, recommending payment of invoices;
- Providing support in the operation and maintenance of the Town's storm water pump stations and related infrastructure, including inspections, maintaining a log, troubleshooting and contracting for major repairs;
- Overseeing the maintenance and operation of automated flood level reporting systems (rain gauges, stream gages, SCADA);
- Assisting the Floodplain Manager with drainage system inspections, or as necessary to support the CRS program;
- Assisting in the Town's NPDES Phase 2, Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit compliance efforts by performing inspections regarding illicit discharges, drainage outfalls, land development projects, post construction BMPs, and support with permit documentation requirements.
Job requirements include:
- Associate's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field; and
- Considerable experience in storm drainage construction and inspection (including sediment and erosion control), infrastructure maintenance, and project management; or equivalent combination.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector (SCDHEC) within 6 months of hire.
This is a non-exempt position (eligible for overtime) with a starting salary of $49,853 - 63,562.