MechanicTown of Hilton Head Island
Performs general maintenance and repair of firefighting and rescue equipment, powered equipment and tools and all Town vehicles. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and interacts with the Fire Chief, Deputy Fire Chiefs, other Town personnel, and the general public. This is a non-exempt position (eligible for overtime pay) with a hiring range of $39,575 - $54,495.
In addition to base pay, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that currently consists of medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, a healthcare reimbursement arrangement and a matching 401(k).
- Associate's degree in automotive repair, 2 years of vocational training, ASE certified Master Automotive Technician or an apprenticeship program in the mechanic trade; and Some automotive repair experience; or The equivalent combination.
- Must be in good physical health as determined by a medical examination.
- Valid Class A Driver's License with X and P endorsements (Hazardous Materials, Tanker, and Passenger) obtained within one year of hire.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician Certification
- Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) Master Fire Apparatus Technician
- Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) Master Ambulance Technician