Accounting SpecialistTown of Hilton Head Island
Performs entry level accounting duties, accounts payable duties, payroll processing support and software support under the supervision of the Accounting Manager. Interacts with Town employees and the general public.
Associate's degree in Accounting or closely related field; and 2 years experience in accounting, bookkeeping, collections, payroll, or payables. This is a non-exempt position (eligible for overtime) with a starting salary of $36,643 - $46,720. In addition to competitive pay, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance and a matching 401(k).
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Processing account payables for Town’s General Fund;
- Monitoring monthly utility costs and identifying abnormal usage levels;
- Processing refund checks;
- Preparing monthly Town Purchasing Card usage reports and compiling necessary supporting documentation;
- Processing 1099’s for all account payables for the Town, Island Rec Center, Coastal Discovery Museum, and CIP;
- Processing all incoming departmental mail and outgoing invoices;
- Responding to vendor inquiries;
- Scanning documents in records management system on a timely basis;
- Assisting Auditors as needed; and
- Providing technical support to Committees, Commissions and Boards as assigned.