General ManagerThe Spa on Port Royal Sound
The Spa On Port Royal Sound
The General Manager is accountable for the operational success of the property and will oversee operations, maintenance, administration and improvement of a condominium regime in South Carolina and be licensed for such; plus perform the fiduciary responsibilities appropriate for such a position of trust; including, but not limited to, the more specific duties listed below:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Maintain communication with the BOD, owners, vendors and employees;
- Respond to letters, emails and phone calls; Log calls from owners;
- Manage complaints swiftly and professionally.
- Maintain and update IT functions; ensure proper backup of files and servers; assure availability of IT professionals for assistance as needed.
- Maintain and oversee the spa websites.
- Send notices of annual meetings, including messages, proxies, and other pertinent materials.
- Collect and record Regime fees, fines, assessments and insurance payments;
- Review and analyze financial reports; - Ensure all bills are paid on time.
- Produce financial statements for services and procured materials;
- Develop and present a draft budget to the BOD; implement and maintain budget policies.
- Ensure tax forms are properly completed, and taxes paid on time.
- Coordinate with the Board Treasurer to control spending;
- Notify the BOD immediately of cost overruns, and financial issues.
Advice and Consultation:
- Attend and present at all quarterly meeting, create action list after each board meeting.
- Assist in planning and organizing annual meeting;
- Research, bid specifications, insurance coverage, contract development and project management.
- Advise the BOD on governing documents, rule drafting and enforcement;
- Refer the BOD to other professional advisors (e.g. attorneys, CPAs, engineers)
- Research insurance coverage, process claims, and advise the BOD as to the amount and type of coverage required, plus premiums and due dates.
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of files for association/owner(s).
- Maintain records for the association.
- Process initial Architectural Control Committee (ACC) applications.
- Maintain personnel files and inventory of Spa equipment and tools. Update inventory biannually before and after tourist season.
Property Management & Maintenance
- Interview, hire, train supervise and terminate association employees, as necessary.
- A hands-on management style with quality standards; ensure maintenance staff productivity.
- Primary point of contact for owners, tenants, and government communications.
- Negotiate contracts (with BOD approval)
- Contact, coordinate and monitor contract vendors for SPA maintenance and special projects; including landscapers, pool maintenance and custodial services.
- Scheduled, periodic comprehensive inspections of common elements; Repair/replace as needed.
- Handle, record, report emergency situations;
- Implement equipment replacement schedule for tools, equipment and uniforms for the maintenance staff. (effective life)
- Coordinate maintenance, repairs, cleaning, etc. with maintenance staff; inspections and follow-ups as necessary; Maintain maintenance calendar.
High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree desirable. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license. Applicants must have a current SC Property Managers License or obtain one within the 90-day probationary period. 90-day probationary period is required. Pass a credit and criminal background check. Must be bondable.
Prior experience in real estate or construction industry. Military Veteran