ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGERThe Oaks At Broad River Landing
LOCATION: BEAUFORT, SC
Sign on Bonus based on experience.
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION
The Assistant Property Manager/Leasing Agent will receive supervision, training and
direction from the Property Manager. The Assistant Property Manager/Leasing Agent shall
comply with all established policies and operational procedures. The Assistant Property
Manager/Leasing Agent shall show no favoritism towards any resident of the assigned
property in the provision of resident services nor fraternize with, in any way, any resident of
the assigned property either during or after business hours.
Education: High school education with emphasis in office related skills is necessary.
Further education/training in advanced office skills is preferred. Must be able to read and
comprehend written instruction/directions and must also be able to understand and
comprehend verbal instructions.
Experience: A minimum of two years of related experience is preferred. Must possess the
ability to operate a typewriter, computer, copier, facsimile, postage meter and other office
equipment. Previous experience in receiving, transferring, and documenting telephone calls
is preferred. Must be compatible with a very wide range of people in person or by phone and
must display a high degree of tact, diplomacy and persuasive skills.
Physical: General apartment unit/property environment inside and outside. Some exposure
to changes in temperature and to disagreeable elements (dust, dirt, etc.). Normal vision and
color perception. Ability to hear normal tones. Operates computer, calculator, typewriter,
telephone system and other office equipment. Drives personal vehicle for company business
transactions (Post Office, Bank, etc.). Regular variations from sitting, standing, walking, and
climbing stairs. Regular lifting and carrying of up to 25 pounds.
The Assistant Property Manager and/or Leasing Agent assists the Property Manager in the
general administration of the property by recording resident information and transactions,
preparing reports as directed by the Property Manager, assisting Property Manager in the
performance of the essential duties as detailed in the Property Manager position description.
1. Prepares and maintains complete resident file system assuring all necessary forms,
records, leases, agreements, etc., are contained in the file and are kept current taking
necessary steps to maintain current status of each file;
2. Prepares and maintains all property general office files assuring files are current and
3. Type letters, leases, letters to residents, notices to residents, verification letters, etc.,
assuring all information is accurate and completely documented.
4. Assists in preparing information for typing and distributes property newsletters;
5. Receives phone inquiries directing the call to the proper party or recording messages
6. Receives phone calls from prospective residents obtaining necessary information from
caller, quotes availability of specific apartments and prices, and encourages the
prospective resident to schedule a visit to the property.
7. Meets with prospective residents, answers prospects questions, conducts property and
apartment tours with prospects to include upstairs and downstairs levels, obtains
necessary initial information from prospect, and reviews lease requirements summary
with prospect taking professional measures to solicit prospect to complete an application
8. Processes credit reports, rental application verification, and other selection documents as
directed by the Property Manager;
9. Maintains a chart of vacancies and Notices of Intent to Vacate assuring all information is
10. Prepares all “move-in packages” to include signed lease, community policies, drug
addendum form, move-in and move-out forms, advertisements, parking permits, other
required addenda, etc.;
11. Assist Property Manager in collection and posting of rent and security deposits to proper
12. Prepares and submits all required reports to include Weekly Summary Report for Status
Information, Apartment Status Summary, Delinquents, etc.;
13. Prepares documentation for and enter information into computer for deposits, new
residents, vacated residents, lease renewals, etc. and run reports timely and accurately
“backing-up” to assure information is retained;
14. Completes invoices from purchases and files in proper file;
15. Reviews for accuracy and completeness all forms, letters, notices, etc., and files in proper
16. Performs other duties as necessary or as assigned by the Property Manager.
1. Transports deposits to the respective bank;
2. Resolves lock-outs and disturbances in the absence of the Courtesy Officer;
3. Orders and receives supplies as needed and will travel to vendor to receive supplies as
4. Polices grounds on a regular basis;