Massage TherapistSun City Hilton Head Community Association
Would you like to work at one of the most beautiful communities in Bluffton SC? Sun City Hilton Head is in need of an experienced licensed Massage Therapist to work in one of our Fitness Centers. Must have a State of South Carolina Spa Therapist license and liability insurance. Professional experience in massage therapy work required in addition to experience with deep tissue, Swedish and hot stone massage for both 60 and 90 minutes. Must be available to work holidays, weekends, and split shifts. Hours will vary based on schedule appointments. Applicants must pass a criminal background check and provide 3 references.
Massage Therapist Job Duties:
1) Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body.
2) Assess clients' soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion.
3) Confer with clients about their medical histories and any problems with stress and/or pain in order to determine whether massage would be helpful.
4) Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used.
5) Massage and knead the muscles and soft tissues of the human body in order to provide courses of treatment for medical conditions and injuries or wellness maintenance.
6) Prepare and blend oils, and apply the blends to clients' skin.
7) Consult with other health care professionals such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians and psychologists in order to develop treatment plans for clients.
8) Maintain treatment records.
9) Provide clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement, and stretching, strengthening, relaxation and rehabilitative exercises.
10) Refer clients to other types of therapists when necessary.
11) Use complementary aids, such as infrared lamps, wet compresses, ice, and whirlpool baths in order to promote clients' recovery, relaxation and well-being.