GroundsmanSun City Hilton Head Community Association
Okatie, SC Full time
Posted on April 4, 2018
- Under the supervision of the superintendent or assistant superintendent, will perform routine manual labor involved in the caring for the golf course.
- Will be tasked with performing semi-skilled grounds maintenance work while operating powered hand tools, self contained mowing units, walk mowers, carts, and trailers once properly trained.
- Knowledge of how to operate hand and power tools and equipment
- Knowledge of landscape practices
- Community Association maintenance experience preferred
- Professional demeanor
- Desire to take ownership and personal responsibility for assignments
- Flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks
- Self motivated; demonstrated interest in taking initiative, anticipating needs, carrying projects through completion with minimal direction, and working with a high degree of urgency
- Detail oriented, with the ability to produce high quality work in a deadline-oriented environment and an ability to multi-task
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate mowers and other turf equipment including chain saws for tree trimming.
- Rake Bunkers.
- Weed eats trees, lagoons and other designated areas.
- Edge cart paths and bunkers.
- Safe operation of utility cart on paths and streets.
- Perform course set up duties, which involve setting tee markers, cutting cups on the putting surface, maintaining ball washers, replacing tee towels and flags when needed. Remove debris from teeing areas and greens with backpack blower.
- Maintain fuel and fluid levels in equipment that you operate daily. Report any equipment failures or malfunctions to equipment manager.
- Clean all equipment used daily and return equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility.
- Performs other duties as directed by his/her supervisor.