Facilities PainterSun City Hilton Head Community Association
Reports to: Facility Services Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervise Others: No Primary
Responsibilities: Under general supervision, apply coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and structures throughout the Sun City Hilton Head Community.
- 2+ years experience preferred in Community Association arena
- High School graduate or equivalent - QP-1 certification preferred
- Professional demeanor
- Desire to take ownership and personal responsibility for assignments
- Flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks - Self motivated; demonstrated interest in taking initiative, anticipating needs, carrying projects through completion with minimal direction, and working with a high degree of urgency
- Detail oriented, with the ability to produce high quality work in a deadline-oriented environment and an ability to multi-task
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Smooth and prepare surfaces for painting, including sanding and removing old paint.
- Fill nail holes, cracks and joints with putty, plaster or other filler.
- Tape, float, and texture walls and ceilings.
- Select premixed paints or mix required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint to match specified colors.
- Paint surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers.
- Stain, seal, and varnish wood surfaces.
- Erect scaffolding or set up ladder to perform tasks above ground level.
- Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds and equipment by following established inspection procedures.
- Receive and complete work orders while maintaining accurate records on material and labor.
- Maintain inventory of paints, stains, etc. and assist with inventory control of materials and equipment.
- Inspect assignments upon completion and ensure areas are safe and clean.
- Work with supervisor to complete projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Able to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing, with corrective lenses if needed.
- Must be able to speak English in a clear and understandable voice so that various types of communications may be conducted with people of various levels of education and capabilities, to include the exchange and receipt of information over the telephone.
- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 40 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day. Must also be able to climb several flights of stairs if necessary.
- This position will alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting.
- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert, detail oriented, and with good reasoning skills.
- Must be able to work in small and confined spaces for extended periods of time.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and delays.
- Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the proper performance of duties.
- Reporting Responsibility: Reports directly to Director of Facility Services