Facilities Maintenance TechnicianSun City Hilton Head Community Association
Serves as facility maintenance technician for Sun City Hilton Head. Responsibilities include performing general facility maintenance. Ensure that all support and service is conducted and fulfilled in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of Sun City Hilton Head.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of electrical, carpentry and plumbing trades.
- 3-5 years experience in multi-faceted maintenance position. Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds. Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
- Performs preventive maintenance on scheduled and seasonal basis.
- Responds to all emergencies and alarms when on duty, or otherwise in an on-call status.
- Operate power tools to include pressure washer, saws, drills, paint sprayer, nail guns, etc.
- Responsible for maintenance and security of facility maintenance tools and equipment.
- Performs regular monthly fire extinguisher inspections plantation-wide.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements. Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed. Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Completes maintenance and repair records as required. Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
- Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Able to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing, with corrective lenses if needed.
- Must be able to speak English in a clear and understandable voice so that various types of communications may be conducted with people of various levels of education and capabilities, to include the exchange and receipt of information over the telephone.
- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day. Must also be able to climb several flights of stairs if necessary.
- This position will alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting.
- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert, detail oriented, and with good reasoning skills.
- Must be able to work in small and confined spaces for extended periods of time.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard. Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the proper performance of duties.
- Reports directly to Supervisor of Facilities