Event SpecialistSun City Hilton Head Community Association
Title: Event Specialist
Reports to: Event Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervise Others: No
Primary Responsibilities: Is an articulate, energetic people-person who ensures that all customers are serviced in a responsive and courteous manner. In this role your responsibilities will include welcoming all customers, providing various forms of information, event ticket sales, cash handling/balancing, using a variety of communication skills to include web-based tools while demonstrating the associated proficiency in typing and grammar. All duties are accomplished with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 3-5 years customer service experience, event planning or comparable job experience
- Professional demeanor
- Desire to take ownership and personal responsibility for assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks
- Self motivated; demonstrated interest in taking initiative, anticipating needs, carrying projects through completion with minimal direction, and working with a high degree of urgency
- Detail oriented, with the ability to produce high quality work in a deadline-oriented environment and an ability to multi-task
Duties and Responsibilities
- Decorates rooms/areas for events.
- Responding to resident, visitor, and vendor requests and concerns with prompt friendly professional service.
- Cleans up event areas after events.
- Performs monetary transactions in a quick, efficient, and correct manner.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all residents, visitors, vendors, and associates at all times. - Coordinate, and sell or give out event tickets - Maintain money drawer - Nightly reconciliation and reporting
- Special projects as requested by Lifestyle Director
- Other duties as assigned
- Capable of working extended hours, to include evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Able to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing, with corrective lenses if needed.
- Must be able to speak English in a clear and understandable voice so that various types of communications may be conducted with people of various levels of education and capabilities, to include the exchange and receipt of information over the telephone.
- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 40 pounds. This movement can occur throughout the day. Must also be able to climb several flights of stairs if necessary.
- This position will alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting.
- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert, detail oriented, and with good reasoning skills.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard. Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the proper performance of duties.
Reporting Responsibility: Reports directly to Lifestyle Director