Community Standards InspectorSun City Hilton Head Community Association
Title: Community Standards Inspector
Reports to: Community Standards Manager FLSA
Supervise Others: No Primary
Identifies, processes and provides follow up to all community enforcement matters relative to the Governing Documents-Sun City Hilton Head CC&R's, Design Guidelines and Community Rules.
- A minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3+ years of customer service, knowledge of homebuilding or property management experience
- Professional demeanor
- Desire to take ownership and personal responsibility for assignments
- Advanced knowledge of Word. Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks
- Self motivated; demonstrated interest in taking initiative, anticipating needs, carrying projects through completion with minimal direction, and working with a high degree of urgency
- Detail oriented, with the ability to produce high quality work in a deadline-oriented environment and an ability to multi-task
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete on-property proactive and reactive inspections by company vehicle to locate and validate modifications and enforcement issues.
- Field phone calls, walk-ins, and web tickets from homeowners regarding enforcement actions taken.
- Take on-site photographs and notes, document in enforcement infraction database (excel spreadsheets).
- Populate enforcement spreadsheet with specific data for mail merge and tracking purposes.
- Complete electronic back up of correspondence.
- Provide superior administrative support as needed and exemplary Customer service.
- Alternate weeks with Modifications Coordinator position & duties.
- Receives and reviews Modifications applications.
- Back up personnel for other functions in the Community Standards Department.
- Extensive knowledge of Design Guidelines.
- Reads and interprets plot plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Able to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing, with corrective lenses if needed.
- Must be able to speak English in a clear and understandable voice so that various types of communications may be conducted with people of various levels of education and capabilities, to include the exchange and receipt of information over the telephone.
- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25 lbs.
- This movement can occur throughout the day. Must also be able to climb several flights of stairs if necessary.
- This position will alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting.
- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert, detail oriented, and with good reasoning skills.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and delays.
- Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances.
- For safety reasons, employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the proper performance of duties.
Reporting Responsibility: Reports directly to Community Standards Manager