JOB POSITION: GIS/IT Administrator
- Solid knowledge of GIS principles and practices specific to water and sewer utilities
- Solid computer knowledge including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Visual Basic, Incode, Cartegraph, HACH WIMS and GIS software such as ArcGIS.
- Ability to interpret and use information from maps, plans, specifications, regulations, blueprints, and technical documentation
- Ability to work effectively with supervisors, co-workers, vendors, contractors, developers, and the public
- Troubleshooting skills with networking and general computer/device problems
- Minimum 1 year experience in analytical and development functions of integrated GIS applications, preferably in a utility environment.
- Organize, administer, and provide strategic direction for the District’s Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Establish and maintain the District’s facility mapping system through use of graphic information systems (GIS)
- Develops forms, interfaces as needed; Training and instructions to District GIS users
- Coordinate and work along with operation personnel in obtaining accurate information for GIS system
- At times, requires working in adverse weather conditions
- Research records including but not limited to easements and plats as necessary
- Develop a dynamic model of the District’s water, reclaimed water and wastewater systems using ESRI ArcGIS software
- Act as liaison between third party IT contractors and the District; Oversee District’s communication and mobile devices
- Handles day-to day District networking/computing/user problems and coordinates with IT contractor when needed
- Prioritizes and gives input to annual GIS/IT projects and budget
- Administers CMMS program and integrates with Administrative Software (Tyler Technologies Incode); Administers Districts Cyber-security polices
- General housekeeping and upkeep of equipment and work areas
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance • Annual Leave • Sick Leave • 401(k) and 457 Deferred Compensation Plans • SC State Retirement • Paid Holidays • Training/Education Opportunities • Bonus Program
Please fill out Application Form available on our website in full and email to: email@example.com.
Accepting applications until closed.