Quality Assurance Support Specialist
Quality Assurance Support Specialist
Quality Assurance Support Specialist (R22-47)
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
Description of Duties:
The Quality Assurance (QA) Support Specialist assists the QA Manager in applying quality control to New York State Mesonet data, including standard and non-standard variables. The Specialist is responsible for identifying and investigating real-time and daily data quality issues and regularly (weekly, monthly, and annual) reviewing and analyzing the data issues for all NYSM networks. Additional responsibilities include training and mentoring Operations Center students, filling in for the Operations Center during the students' absence, issuing tickets that activate a field technician response, and handling customer support for data requests.
- Real-time and daily data QA/QC and the subsequent issuance of any necessary Tickets to the Field Technician staff
- Weekly, monthly, and annual data QA/QC tasks
- Operations Center tasks including training and mentoring the students and answering phones during the students' absence
- Specific research/programming projects with the QA Manager/Software Engineer to improve data QC/QA and implementing changes into operations
- Manage customer support for data requests, including the assembly and delivery of all data requests and products
- A B.S Degree in Atmospheric Science, Meteorology, Environmental Science, Computer Science or related field from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an international recognized accrediting organization (equivalent combination of education/related experience accepted)
- Familiarity with Window or Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with operations and data quality of weather instruments and networks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, work together as a team, and to work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills and experience in student supervision
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- MS degree in a related field from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an international recognized accrediting organization
- Strong interest in weather data collections, QC/QA and applications
- Familiarity with statistical methods for meteorological data analysis
- Prior experience in the field of data management or analysis, QC/QA, or Meteorological applications
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, contact information for three work-related references, along with a letter of application to https://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=151439
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.