Administrative Support Assistant 3
Administrative Support Assistant 3
The Eberly College of Science Biology Department (https://science.psu.edu/bio) at The Pennsylvania State University (http://psu.edu/) is seeking qualified candidates for an Administrative Support Assistant 3 position.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative support the Department Head with scheduling meetings, reviewing communications, and gathering information or data.
- Coordinate faculty meetings and prepare minutes in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate and provide staff support for all departmental faculty searches by placing ads, coordinate review of application material with committees, schedule and attend meetings, coordinate travel and preparation of itineraries for candidates invited to Penn State.
- Assist Department Head with committee assignments, RIF proposals, peer evaluations, and other processes involving the department heads attention while maintaining confidentially.
- Assist new and current foreign nationals obtain or renew visa while abiding with various global policies. Meeting with foreign nationals to complete onboarding sessions, assist global programs to complete necessary paperwork and departure notices.
- Gathering and preparation of visiting scholar documentation and tracking through various Penn State systems.
- Provide back up support for Promotion and Tenure administrative assistant and Administrative Coordinator.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Strong investigative skills with the ability to use creative thinking to improve existing and develop new duties and business processes.
- Excellent communication, organization, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, monitor, and meet overlapping deadlines.
- Positive, professional, and efficient work style.
- Initiative, collegiality, accuracy and promote a culture that is conducive to effective relationships among diverse team members.
Education and Experience
Typically requires a High School Diploma or higher plus 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
After a successful training period, this position offers a flexible work arrangement that combines remote and on-campus work. Questions related to flexible work should be directed to the hiring manager during the interview process.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/4748522
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.