Network & SCADA TechnicianPalmetto Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Reports To: Network Administrator
The purpose of this position is to develop, deploy, and maintain automation and controls systems (SCADA), based on Red Hat Linux, along with ensuring accuracy of related databases and documentation. This position also requires responsibility for data and VOIP network infrastructure and cybersecurity within Palmetto Electric Cooperative, Inc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the deployment, operation, and maintenance of Red Hat SCADA system servers, workstations, networks, and related equipment.
- Analyze and implement network security requirements for the critical infrastructure network (SCADA), including familiarity with cybersecurity best practices.
- Maintain the SCADA Real Time Database along with related configuration management, testing, and backups. Deploy and manage RTU configurations.
- Design, develop and maintain SCADA website using Apache, Visio workflows, MySQL databases, and custom PHP and Shell programming in order to consolidate and present data to dispatchers and management. Write and maintain custom Linux scripts.
- Assist in all technical efforts to deploy and maintain corporate data and VOIP systems including VPN’s, VLANs, Fiber optics, and firewalls.
- Develop and maintain documentation on systems, databases, procedures and administration.
- Provide end user training and support for all systems and software.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
BS in Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or equivalent experience. Must have working knowledge of Linux OS, scripting, IP Networks, and VOIP. Must have valid driver's license in good standing. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position.