Palmetto Breeze is currently hiring for a Diesel Mechanic (Full-Time Position)
Great State Benefits and Retirement.
Sign-On Bonus - $5,000.
MINIMUM APPLICANT QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent, and minimum 3-5 years of diesel maintenance and diagnostics experience; or any combination of relevant education and experience • Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), or have ability to obtain CDL-Class B Permit within 90 days
- Possess basic computer skills
- Possess stable and verifiable work history, with exceptional record of attendance and punctuality
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop and stand for long periods of time on concrete surfaces. Ability to perform lifting tasks up to 75 lbs.
- Pass Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and back screen, drug screen, and complete a background check
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Regular and predictable performance of essential job functions.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot and diagnose fleet vehicle.
- Perform fleet vehicle inspections, overhauls, major and minor repairs, as well as monitoring/completing on-going regular scheduled maintenance.
- Ensure fleet vehicles are in safe, working order when placed in service, and free of mechanical defects.
- Respond to emergency road-calls and troubleshoot in the field.
- Utilize effective time management skills in performing and completing assigned work orders. • Adhere to all safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe work environment and clean work area.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Pay Range: $18.00 - $25.00 DOQ
Applicant must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.