Director of FinancePALMETTO BREEZE
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Government agency in Bluffton, SC is looking for a Director of Finance. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Finance department. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and able to work independently. This position supervises and directs three support positions. The ideal candidate should be able to perform accurate and timely recordings of all financial data and prepares various financial reports. This position is responsible for the creation and monitoring of the annual budget. The applicant would be assisting with the grant application process and administering the State and Federal grant programs. This position also serves as the liaison between the company and the IT vendor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is familiar with and adheres to the Accounting Policies and Procedures as well as the Personnel Policies, and Maintenance Policies.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to ensure continuity of financial integrity.
- Authorizes all purchase orders and manages major administrative procurements.
- Manage and approve all accounts payable.
- Works closely with the Operations Department regarding special trips and customer billing.
- Prepare accounts receivable invoicing and perform collection of past due invoices
- Maintain general ledger and make journal entries including accruals
- Monitors the processing of revenues and invoices to ensure proper documentation of accounts receivables.
- Prepares daily cash deposit slips. Enters deposit information in the computer and updates accounts receivable ledgers.
- Reconciles monthly bank statements and balance sheet accounts
- Process and manage vehicle insurance claims & payments
- Perform monthly expense allocations
- Maintain transportation contracts and oversees invoicing of services
- Performs month and year end financial software closings
- Oversee annual audit and ensure availability of supporting data and ensure corrective action is taken if necessary
- Ensures accuracy of reports by recording information in a correct and efficient manner. Ensures that financial files are professionally maintained and updated when appropriate.
- Compiles and reports financial data as required by organizational and government regulations. Ensures that reports are submitted in an accurate and timely manner as required by LRTA policies, procedures and grants. Types all financial letters and reports.
- Prepares the agency’s annual budget, the financial portion of Federal and State Grant applications, other funding source applications, and the submission of reports for the annual financial audit.
- Oversees the flow of cash and financial instruments in accordance with company policy.
- Federal and State grant administration, including tracking, monthly draw of funds, renewals and financial applications
- Serves as Board Liaison and Point of Contact for SCDOT as it relates to finance.
- Directs, coordinates and monitors grant budgeting and financial reporting to include the development of budgets that support program plans, the monitoring of budgets, budget revisions, and expenditures to help ensure grant compliance.
- Tracks all physicals assets and prepares depreciation
- Supervises the Human Resource/Payroll Administrator and Accounting Clerk and applies appropriate evaluations and disciplinary actions. Assumes their duties when they are unavailable.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, evaluation and training of all finance staff
- Oversee and approve all payroll and human resource functions
- Coordinates with other staff engaged in purchasing/procurement activities.
- Assists with the directing, coordinating, and monitoring of activities to implement and maintain the institution’s financial policies, procedures, and practices concerning grants, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Ensures that financial files are professionally maintained and updated when appropriate.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors and the Executive Director on collecting data and analyzing the present and future financial status of the organization
- Provides financial reports to the LRTA Board of Directors at their bi-monthly meetings.
- Serves as the LRTA Board Recording Secretary. Types Board meetings minutes. Keeps all Board packets and information on file.
- Ensures that the BOD and the Executive Director are aware of any discrepancies in any financial records or processes.
- Performs basic IT repairs and fixes on computers and is the finance software administrator
- Meets with Federal and State DOT officials and local community leaders
- Completes compliance reviews as required by the Federal and State DOT
- Performs other related duties as required by the Executive Director
If this sounds like a position for you, click the "Apply Button" to email your resume
or fax to 843-757-5783.