Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU), a private medical school founded in 2005, in Yakima, Washington, seeks a mission-centric, skilled, collaborative finance executive who will serve as the University’s next Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Responsible for the university’s financial management, the CFO reports directly to the President and will make recommendations to the President relating to the general policies of the institution and to the maintenance of coordination among its divisions, including fostering and promoting organizational effectiveness. The CFO position will also have direct responsibilities to support the initiatives of the Board of Trustees and will serve as the executive liaison for the board’s finance committee and its subcommittees.
PNWU is a grassroots, non-profit health sciences university established in 2005 by a group of visionary community leaders in Washington’s fertile Yakima Valley aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest. The University's inaugural program was the first new medical school to open in the Pacific Northwest in sixty years. The University currently offers the degrees of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Physical Therapy, and Master of Arts in Medical Science enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges moving forward. Interprofessional educational partnerships with other universities add another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five-state region. For more information about the University, visit https://www.pnwu.edu/
A complete Position Profile may be found at: https://www.agbsearch.com/searches/chief-financial-officer-pacific-northwest-university-of-health-sciences.
Desired Qualifications and Attributes
- Knowledge of, and ability to effectively manage the major responsibilities of the finance function of a growing organization, including budgeting, business development and strategic planning.
- Foster a culture of trust, collaboration, and transparency with stakeholders from across the university.
- Develop and implement a communications plan that complements the University’s budget modelling, in order to inform stakeholders of its structure, efficiencies and benefits to the university, and to departments and units.
- Work closely with the President and others on the campus’ Master Plan, establishing priorities, timelines, and financing to meet current and future needs.
Nominations and Applications
All nominations, inquiries and applications will be received and evaluated in full confidence. The search committee will begin a review of applications immediately and continue its work until an appointment is made. To assure full consideration, application materials should be received by the priority application deadline of October 28, 2022, and must include:
- A letter of interest stating how their experience and qualifications connect with the required/preferred characteristics and priorities expressed in the leadership profile;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A statement of contribution to diversity, equity, and inclusion; and
- The names and contact information of five professional references. References will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant.
Application materials and nominations (MS Word or PDF) should be sent electronically to: PNWUChiefFinancialOfficer@agbsearch.com.
PLEASE DIRECT NOMINATIONS AND INQUIRIES TO:
Monica Burton, Principal, AGB Search, email@example.com / (917) 825-2961
Margaret “Peggy” Plympton, Ed.D., Principal, AGB Search, firstname.lastname@example.org / (484) 554-4542
PNWU is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment and student application decisions on the basis of merit. The University shall not discriminate against faculty, staff, volunteers, students, or applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law for any reason including recruitment, selection, and promotion.
As well, PNWU prohibits all forms of harassment by students, employees, guests, or volunteers whether intentional or unintentional, on campus or at other owned or contracted facilities.