Communications Program Coordinator
Communications Program Coordinator
Job ID: 44319
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Department: MED-Institute for Global Health
Provides coordination of Institute for Global Health communications plan and education programs, providing day-to-day oversight of administrative & operational functions. 50% of the time will coordinate the pre-determined outputs of the IGH communications plan, including writing and editing stories, covering/coordinating event promotion, editing/posting website and social media content, and coordinating with FSM communications for larger promotion of IGH stories. The other 50% of the time the position will coordinate the administrative functions of the educational programs offered by IGH, including but not limited to the Master of Science in Global Health and global health experiences abroad programs.
- Manages day to day operations.
- Ensures that program/project mission, values, guidelines, policies & procedures are implemented & maintained.
Budgets & Financial
- Troubleshoots problems; performs vendor/account research as needed; obtains additional information or provides instruction & guidance by phone, US- or e- mail from customers/vendors; corrects or escalates.
Communication, Outreach & Recruitment
- Develops coordinated, consistent marketing and brand messages.
- Creates state-of-the-art website.
- Incorporates social media and networking into program/project aspects as appropriate.
- Strengthens partnerships with external resources by defining, promoting and marketing benefits of participation and involvement to the organization.
- Creates and nurtures relationships with organizations to develop a network of enthusiastic organizations engaged via active participation in the success of program/project.
- Reviews market trends to recommend future plans to increase revenue, participation, engagement, etc.
- Observes program sessions and interacts with participants for purpose of gaining consumer insight, growing and strengthening program knowledge, and optimizing client satisfaction.
- Coordinates the collection, analysis & reporting of required information for surveys, review documents, public information documents, etc.
- Analyzes evaluation data from instructors, students, participants, etc. to assist in program/project development and updates.
- Implements corrective actions required as a result of surveys or other indicators.
- Coordinates programming, educational, student, alumni, workshops, meetings, etc. including speakers, agendas, etc.
- Develops plans and arranges meetings, workshops, events, etc. designed to exchange information, promote research objectives, and to build internal and external relationships within NU.
- Ensures that event details including communication, venues, presenters, travel arrangements, materials, refreshments and technology are arranged and completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Arranges colloquium & seminar coordination, & faculty travel planning.
- Supports faculty in development and approval of new courses, faculty payments, classroom coordination, evaluations, and grading.
- Manages program/project curriculum, seminars, presentations, workshops, learning experiences, chat rooms, websites, social networking, etc. based on goals/objectives.
- Manages academic quality and continued growth and expansion.
- Manages speaker selection, communication, and topic development.
- Leads program/project updates and improvements.
- Completes program/project logistical details such as scheduling, curriculum, facilities, technology, registration, enrollment, audits, etc.
- Resolves administrative issues (RAS forms, stipends, monitors fellowships, etc.)
- Organizes new student activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field plus at least 2 years’ experience coordinating communications programs. Experience in program management, preferably educational programs.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- MS Office Suite (PPT, Excel, Word)
- Masters degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field plus 5 years experience coordinating communications or education programs.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Experience with Northwestern systems, such as website editing platforms and education program management platforms. Experience using design software.
Please apply online at https://careers.northwestern.edu/psp/hr857prd_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=44319&PostingSeq=1
At Northwestern, we are proud to provide meaningful, competitive, high-quality health care plans, retirement benefits, tuition discounts and more! Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/index.html to learn more.
Work-Life and Wellness:
Northwestern offers comprehensive programs and services to help you and your family navigate life’s challenges and opportunities, and adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
We support flexible work arrangements where possible and programs to help you locate and pay for quality, affordable childcare and senior/adult care. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/work-life/index.html to learn more.
Professional Growth & Development:
Northwestern supports employee career development in all circumstances whether your workspace is on campus or at home. If you’re interested in developing your professional potential or continuing your formal education, we offer a variety of tools and resources. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/learning/index.html to learn more.
Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 and Campus Updates website.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.