Neurophysiology/EMG Technician- Full time, Night
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Mechanic/Technician
Posted on February 2, 2022
- Performs all procedures that electrographically record sleep and it's associated phenomena, including the application of patient monitoring devices and the calibrations of recording instruments in accordance with established AASM guidelines.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for patients requiring this diagnostic modality.
- Serves as a resource to non-credentialed PSGTs.
- Performs initial and ongoing patient assessment to assure appropriate understanding and compliance with testing procedures, patient safety, and ability of patient to effectively participate in the testing.
- Continuously monitors patient activity and maintains quality recordings through recognition and correction of artifactual data, while remaining vigilant of patient safety and comfort.
- Scores polysomnogram and computer generated records, based on AASM, Rechtshaffer and Kales scoring criteria.
- Maintains records to provide complete clinical information and to assure accurate patient charging. complies with AASM guidelines of documentation, and provide the physician with a copy of the results.
- Assures that equipment and supplies are available to assure quality patient care. Maintains inventories, makes copies, and updates reference manuals as needed.
- Performs daily maintenance and calibration on all sleep testing equipment. Serves as a resource person for other departments.
- Assists in the development and presentation of educational lectures, conferences, and promotional activities.
- Acts as point of contact for issues pertaining to sleep testing and diagnostic studies.
- Collects and analyzes Performance Improvement data, including appointment delay times.
- Reviews insurance eligibility.
- The incumbent must be a registered polysomnography technologist (RPSGT) or registered sleep technologists (RST) with a minimum of two years experience.
- Associate's degree is desirable.
- CPR required, ACLS desired.
- If clinically licensed (i.e. RRT or RN) the incumbent who is not registered in polysomnography at the time of employment or transfer must complete registration within one year.
- The individual must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills required to proficiently provide care to a patient population to include: adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.