**Candidates may be eligible for a hiring bonus of up to $5,000!
**Current employees may be eligible for a referral incentive of up to $1,000!
About the Opportunity:
This position primarily serves as MSRS' systems administrator for its Cloud Architectures. It exists to recommend, implement, execute and primarily support the systems software for the Cloud Architecture at MSRS, emphasizing overall service availability and system security. It will be responsible for maintaining the relationship with the cloud vendors and to validate and verify the architecture performs as expected. It will also provide systems support for the rest of MSRS' server systems in collaboration with the Server Architect. It will provide mentoring and expertise to IT team members in server architecture and operation to enhance their skill sets and contributions and will work closely with the development team to ensure overall serviceability of the application systems deployed at MSRS.
**Working for the Minnesota State Retirement System IT Operations Unit PAYS!
When you start a career with us, you may also be eligible for:
- $5,000 Hiring Bonus!
- *Current State of Minnesota employees are not eligible for a Hiring Bonus
Minimum Qualifications –
- 4 years of professional level experience in a network environment
A Master's degree in Information Technology or a related field may substitute for two (2) years of experience, related Bachelor's degree may substitute for one (1) year, or related Associate's degree may substitute for six months.
Experience must include the following:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Linux server systems and the Linux command line (bash)
- Strong scripting experience, preferably with Python, Ruby or Bash
- Knowledge in a wide array of technology and architectures including operating systems (Linux, Microsoft, VMware), LAN/WAN and wireless networking, TCP/IP, directory structures, identity management, middleware, firewalls, and remote access
- Knowledge with cloud platforms AWS, GCP, Azure or similar
- Knowledge and skill working in a Windows environment using office support products such as Microsoft Word and Excel
Preferred Qualifications –
- Experience in conducting cloud technology research, evaluation, and cost benefit analysis for potential new technology acquisitions
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform or comparable
- Cybersecurity experience
- Experience with Git and typical Git workflows
- Knowledge in database systems and administration, web application servers and multi-layer application system architectures
It is the policy of the Retirement Systems of MN that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
- SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past State employees only)
- Criminal History Check
- Employment Reference Check
- Social Security and Address Verification
- Education Verification
- Driver's License Check
**The Retirement Systems will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.**
Why Work for Us:
The State of Minnesota also has over 100 state agencies, so the possibilities of serving our great state through a multitude of programs and roles are endless! The State of Minnesota also has our own Enterprise Talent Development department to keep your skills and knowledge sharp. You may also qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, which forgives the remaining balance of your student loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments!
What’s also great about this job is the competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including low cost/high value medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, retirement plan, health care savings plan, generous vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, and numerous tax-deferred benefit options (e.g., 457B investment plan, long and short-term disability plans, etc.). Benefits offered are:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Parental leave
- Affordable dependent care
- Pension and retirement saving plan
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Long and short term disability insurance
HOW TO APPLY:
Job Posting Number: 55454
Posting Closes: 6/1/2022