HCP Media is looking for a motivated, goal-oriented Independent Contractor to sell advertising space for a local publication. This individual is a highly skilled hunter who will focus on developing new revenue and new customers by identifying the prospect’s advanced digital marketing needs. This includes social media management along with SEM and targeted display. The ideal individual must be a self-starter and will have in-depth digital services and product knowledge, and a proven track record in digital sales and exceed customer expectations.
This position is responsible for advertising sales. Achieve budgeted revenue goals by developing all new/incremental business possible in assigned territory. Maintain an awareness of local competitive conditions and improve market share. Build relationships, PR/Networking as an ambassador of the company by attending chamber functions and other networking opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sell advertising space including print, online and niche products.
- Acquire new advertising customers, secures continued advertising from former and current customers.
- Calls on customers to assess advertising needs and advertising budget.
- Assist customers in developing strategies concerning advertisement run dates, how to best target customers, and the benefits of advertising.
- Achieving budgeted revenue goals by developing all new/incremental business in assigned territory
- Previous Media Sales Experience a plus
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills
Proven ability to work independently