Lead Data Engineer
Opportunity: The Data Management & Analytics team at Kent State University is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our team to help us with some exciting data adventures! We are currently working on building a modern analytics solution. Come join us while we build a data lake and data marts that will be used to create a university wide and system agnostic view our data to enable our decision makers to get the data they need and to provide new opportunities in support of predictive analytics and machine learning. Our team is also working with others in the Division of Information Technology to build a data pipeline to enable a consistent, governed way to provide data for application and system integrations.
This position has flexible hours and remote work options as well as attractive employee benefits!
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field of study. Minimum of seven years progressive experience in the following:
- Analyzing and translating business needs into long-term solution data models.
- Experience with data modeling principles/methods to design dimensional data models from the ground up.
- Working with a variety of relational and non-relational databases.
- Advanced logical data design, data warehouse design, and data integration.
- Performing root cause analysis to perform troubleshooting on data flows through complex systems.
- Analyzing internal and external data and processes for a business to build models to answer specific business questions.
- Building processes for data transformation (ETL/ELT) and data models used for reporting and analytics.
- Developing and maintaining system documentation, metadata, data standards, and data quality metrics for data management systems.
- Experience writing advanced SQL.
- Dimensional data modeling experience with the Kimball method.
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure data stack including Databricks and Azure Data Factory or comparable cloud-based services.
- Industry experience in Higher Education, including Ellucian Banner ERP.