Director, Administrative ServicesJASPER COUNTY
Director, Administrative Services
Ridgeland, SC Jasper County, a rapidly growing county government, located in the beautiful South Carolina Lowcounty, seeks a chief financial officer. This vacancy follows the retirement of the former Finance Director who served for more than 30 years.
- Formulating and managing the County's operationsl budget of more than 26 million dollars.
- A soon to be developed Ocean Port Terminal & expansion of its local airport are only 2 projects leading to area's growth.
- The Director is expected to establish appropriate systems and implement guidelines and procedures to ensure sound financial management
- Supervise 5 (five) department heads and have oversight responsiblity for the following functional areas: Finance, Accounts Payable, Procurement, Tax Collector, Assessor and Registrar of Deeds.
- Bachelor's degree, (Master's preferred), in Finance, Accounting, Economics or closely related discipline; or 5-7 years directly related budget experience in state/local government environment.
- Preference will be given to candidate with Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Experience in government cost accounting, fiscal management, municipal accounting, procurement and demonstrated experience at management or policy making level.
- Superior written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to utilize theoretical mathematical concepts needed.
- Knowledge of state/federal procure- ments regulations also required.