Assistant, Lab, Collision Repair Technology (Part-Time Temporary)
This position provides basic support to collision laboratory operations under the direction of the Program Director and area faculty. This is a part- time temporary position up to 25 hours/week.
• Coordinating the preparation of collision shop exercises and activities. This coordination includes ensuring all equipment, vehicles, and expendable supplies are in place and sufficient for the requirements of each session.
• Maintaining the shop facilities, equipment, and required supplies in a clean and
orderly manner to allow the faculty to focus on instructing students.
• Using hand tools, minor troubleshooting and repair of equipment, cleaning and
organizing of storage racks, shelves and cabinets.
• Providing for the security of facilities, equipment and instructional materials and
maintaining safe working conditions
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs safety and security watch at all times.
• May give students help on machines and vehicles.
• Follow daily special project instructions as needed.
• Inform instructors of safety violations and issues
High school diploma
Collision Repair Degree, Diploma, or Certificate
• One year of relevant work experience in the collision field or a collision training program.
• Greater than one year relevant work experience in a collision shop/dealership
• Post-secondary lab/shop experience in a collision academic program
• Experience maintaining and auditing shop environments.
• While on campus, the lab assistant shall uphold the persona and standards of a
professional employee of the college. Be an example for following safety rules.
• Self-starting work ethic. Assistant must stay busy. Student interaction beyond work
relationship kept to a minimum.
• Reliability is a must.
• Work is typically performed in an collision shop environment. Students of all
ages and abilities are in the shop while working.