Assistant, Administrative, Health Sciences (Multiple Openings)
The administrative assistant provides a wide variety of administrative and support functions for the Division of Health Sciences. The administrative assistant will at times work independently by taking initiative to ensure efficient daily operations, collaborates with a wide range of internal and external college constituencies to support the unit effectively. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: prepare payroll, create contracts, purchasing processes, perform word processing/data entry, duplicate materials, maintain files and critical records, answer/assess telephone/email inquiries, prepare correspondence, schedule meetings and tasks, arrange travel, assist with budget management, and record meeting minutes.
• Provide administrative support for Division of Health Sciences
• Coordinate schedules including internal and external obligations, including coordination and prioritization of daily appointments and business obligations.
• Arrange meetings: handle communications, travel arrangements, and the processing of related functions and documents.
• Call processing: The person in this position should be able to refer incoming calls to the respective employee or department while ensuring that appropriate calls are referred to the Dean, Director or Program Director.
• Provide administrative support to Dean, Director and/or Program Director relative to committee appointments. Duties include scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, documenting minutes, and preparing exhibits.
• Assist in the hiring processes for the Division by coordinating interview meetings/documents.
• Prepare new hire and separation documents, as well as prepare payroll and manage leave requests for Health Sciences Department staff.
• File and retrieve documents and reference materials.
• Support regional accreditation processes and correspondence.
• Provide exemplary customer service in person, over the phone and via email. Treat customers with courtesy and respect, showing concern for their needs, and investigate and resolve concerns promptly.
• Help interpret policy for students, parents, and faculty/staff.
• Maintain confidentiality of information.
• Maintain budget records: recommend expenditure requests, monitor expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budget, recommend and process budget transfers. Assist in developing draft budget proposals as necessary.
• Perform purchasing functions: research availability and pricing, assist in developing bid proposals, complete requisitions/contracts and process invoices for approval.
• Prepare reports and/or presentation materials as required.
• Help coordinate planning unit activities and timely completion of planning process/documents.
• Ensure all documents that require a signature are promptly signed and returned to appropriate recipients.
• Provide training and mentoring to other administrative assistants as needed.
• Develop forms for college wide use.
• Serve on college committees and focus groups.
• Demonstrate and model the college’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in Business Administration, Office Management or related field, or at least four years’ of related administrative experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Office Management or related field
• Two years of related administrative experience and a proven record of progressively responsible experience in administrative functions, including evidence of experience in the following areas:
o Thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment to include basic accounting practices to track budget and expenditures
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and experience using word processing, developing spreadsheets, developing presentations, and using database software applications
• More than 2 years of recent progressively responsible experience providing administrative support
• Experience in an academic setting
• Recent experience with an enterprise student information system (e.g., Colleague)
• Possess an intermediate knowledge of database programs (e.g., Access)
• Ability to create, correct and format documents and communications. Work experience with word processing, database software, spreadsheets, presentation and communication software. Willingness to be continually updated in these skills.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Demonstrate initiative in upgrading skills with professional developmental opportunities.
• Ability to handle paperwork and confidential information with discretion and sensitivity.
• Exceptional organizational skills and deadline management with the ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
• Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure.
• Strong verbal skills and personable manner in dealing with the public in person and on the phone.
• Ability to compose correspondence with correct punctuation and grammar.
• Strong proof reading skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
• Punctuality and flexibility in time management.
• Neat, professional appearance and attire.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
• Ability to organize and maintain files for ready access.
• Must be willing to work flexible schedules as needed. Will be in constant contact with public at all times.
• Highly proficient in multitasking
• Exceptional skilled use of computer applications and platforms
• Autonomous in identifying daily tasks
• Could involve travel to multiple campuses
• The following (compliance) training is required and must be completed within the first 30 days of hire with annual refresher training thereafter:
o Safety/Shooter on Campus
o Personal Information Protection Training (PIP)
o Anti-Discrimination/Harassment& Title IX
o Other training may be required as determined applicable.
Physical Activity: Primarily sitting
Environmental Hazard(s): <15%