Sr. Patient Client Access Rep
Sr. Patient Client Access Rep
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Sr. Patient Client Access Representative to join our team of professionals.
- Conducts intake for services, including greeting patients, providing breast health information, and conducting thorough breast history and consents pertaining to mammography. Enters patient demographics and information in the electronic medical record (EMR) and ensures completion of required documents.
- Assists with administrative duties, including, receiving, and scanning documents, completing record request forms, and sending mammogram results to providers and patients.
- Assists with schedules and reminds patients of upcoming appointments.
- Creates, organizes, and maintains paper records for daily use.
- Corresponds with providers (community partners and NeighborhoodHELP (NHELP) regarding patient eligibility requirements for mammograms on the Linda Fenner 3D Mobile Mammography Center (LFMMC).
- Serves as a liaison with existing community partners and conducts outreach to potential community partners for collaborative efforts with LFMMC.
- Facilitates communication between diverse communities that speak English/Spanish and the health care team.
- Corresponds with patients sending reminder letters for their annual mammograms and performs data entry and data analysis of mammogram results.
- Assists with the content on the LFMMC website and the design of marketing materials for LFMMC.
- Works with and/or resides with minors and/or vulnerable persons within their role in the LFMMMC,
- Works with medical student volunteers on the LFMMC orienting them to workflow, consents, and HIPAA oriented patient communication.
- Performs other duties as directed or assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning tasks that are logically related.
High school diploma or GED with three (3) years related experience.
Ability to communicate in Spanish or Creole.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 528700.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.