Instructional Design Associate
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Instructional Design Associate position to join our team of professionals.
- Assists Instructional Designers with developing and maintaining courses and materials for blended model of classroom and eLearning components.
- Assists Instructional Designers with developing and building courses and content in the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) learning management system, Canvas Med.
- Designs and creates graphic design content for instructional materials and special projects.
- Collaborates with Instructional Designers to perform regular course maintenance, training, and troubleshooting of instructional tools and applications.
- Maintains workflow processes related to instructional design and instructional design operations utilizing departmental project management tool(s).
- Responds to Instructional Designers, faculty and curriculum support staff requests and resolves all course maintenance requests per service level agreement.
- Creates and performs timely updates to requests via the HWCOM ticketing system.
- Assists in the creation of developing instructional materials and multimedia in support of curriculum and college-wide training (ex: videos, infographics, flyers, training guides, etc).
- Assists Instructional Designers in performing quality assurance activities.
- Assists in the use of design methods to transform content into instructional sound, interactive learning materials using a variety of instructional technologies.
- Assists in identifying improvements for ongoing content development processes, documentation, and system and tools to ensure high quality content is delivered in an effective and efficient manner.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
High school diploma and five (5) years of experience. College coursework or vocational training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Ability to learn new software.
Ability to establish and prioritize deadlines.
Experience with developing content for online courses.
Skilled in utilizing project management software.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 527083.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.