Coordinator of Administrative Services (530525)
Coordinator of Administrative Services
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Coordinator of Administrative Services to join our team of professionals.
- Coordinates the administrative functions and provides key administrative support to program leadership, faculty, and staff within the NeighborhoodHELP Outreach team.
- Initiates and implements office procedures. Provides follow-up on pending actions, ensures completion, facilitates workflow, and distributes information.
- Coordinates the Outreach team's SharePoint system and Microsoft Teams by coordinating, creating, organizing, and editing folders and subfolders within the system. Additionally edits users and permissions, and liaises with the HWCOM IT department for IT needs.
- Coordinates and maintains the interdepartmental calendar and the calendars of the NeighborhoodHELP Program Director, and the NHelp Assistant Program Director.
- Provides leadership and oversight in the coordination and execution of special events including but not limited to, the Herbert and Nicole Wertheim Conference and the end-of-year toy distribution to all NeighborhoodHELP household participants children.
- Serves as a liaison, maintaining a high level of public relations and interaction with NHelp faculty, staff and community organizations. Assists with matters of confidential and sensitive nature.
- Coordinates, plans, and arranges all travel; processes travel authorizations, mileage, expense reimbursements, personal time off requests for department faculty and staff.
- Provides confidential assistance in the receipt and handling of information. Coordinate and schedule all department meetings, community events, trainings and interviews including new employee on-boarding training.
- Composes and/or prepares agendas, reports, memos, letters, meeting minutes, and other documents using Microsoft Office Suite, database, or other presentation software.
- Performs routine functions using the University credit card on behalf of the department in accordance with the university policies and procedures and reconciles departmental commodity card.
- Coordinates and directs office services such as maintaining records, and inventory for promotional materials, supplies, and IT equipment.
- Oversees the NeighborhoodHELP (Unable to Reach, and Deactivation) processes as established by HWCOM's Risk Management, including preparing and mailing regular and certified correspondence, documenting in the NeighborhoodHELP Portal, advising assigned outreach staff when to complete the inactivation process; and maintaining a log to collect and analyze data as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains the NeighborhoodHELP listserv by managing and updating the electronic mailing lists and sharing content and information amongst the Community Advisory Board and the Association of Community Partners.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of office or related experience providing administrative support or coordinating functions of an office or department.
Experience working with organizations that provide aid to the community preferred.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 530525.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.