Assistant Athletic Director of Live Production
Assistant Athletic Director of Live Production
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 529485
Reports to the Senior Associate AD for Brand Advancement, the Assistant Athletic Director for Live Production manages all facets of live broadcasts for FIU Athletics. Develops, implements, and ensures compliance with FIU's policies and procedures for intercollegiate athletics within the framework of conference and the NCAA.
- Oversees all facets of live productions for FIU Athletics to be broadcast on ESPN+. Acts as director and/or technical director, or delegates duties for most ESPN+ campus productions.
- Leads the strategic planning for live productions on ESPN+, with guidance from the Senior Associate AD. Assists with financial strategies, strategic planning, and key operational activities for all live productions.
- Analyzes the efficiency of the functions in all areas of live production and broadcasts, making recommendations for improvements to the Senior Associate AD.
- Manages other full-time and/or part-time staff members, as well as fee for service, and federal work study employees as necessary to produce quality live productions.
- Identifies and manages issues impacting FIU's Athletics reputation, image, and public relations.
- Assists with establishing fan support and departmental revenues by working closely with other internal Athletic and FIU departments, as necessary.
- Adheres to all State of Florida, University, NCAA, Conference USA and department rules and policies pertaining to the position of Assistant Athletic Director of Live Production. Report any known NCAA violations or concerns to the Director of Athletic Compliance and be responsible for the monitoring of any subordinate as it relates to NCAA regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four (4) years of experience or Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two (2) years of appropriate experience.
- $58,000 - $65,000
- Criminal Background Check
- Driver's License Check
- Fingerprinting Check
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the University
Florida Statute 1010.35 - Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant’s 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status