Architecture Marketing Account Manager
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Architecture Marketing Account Manager – 530675
The School of Architecture (SoA), Creative and Marketing Account Manager coordinates and executes visuals, graphics, content, marketing, media relations, and public relations projects that advance the objectives for the College of Communication, Architecture + The Arts (CARTA), which also contribute to the University's mission and goals. Conceptualizes, designs, and produces packaging, advertising, branding, and collateral materials.
- Works with SoA chairs to develop and execute communication strategies, including creating visual graphics, content, marketing, media relations, and public relations for the School of Architecture to advance the College of Communication, Architecture + The Arts (CARTA) goals while contributing to the University's mission and goals. Collaborates with the Strategic Communications, Government and External Affairs on all collateral materials to ensure unified messaging and FIU brand integrity.
- Conceptualizes, designs, and produces packaging, advertising, branding, and collateral materials.
- Writes news stories in conformance with University guidelines. Assists with other printed and online materials including advertisements and videos.
- Prepares, produces, revises and copy edits materials (fact sheets, website updates, press releases, flyers, specials events materials, etc.) on behalf of the School of Architecture.
- Maintains frequent contact with CARTA academic and administrative officers as well as the greater University. Maintains flexibility and sensitivity to establish and maintain necessary rapport with all levels of personnel and external constituencies.
- Identifies opportunities and strategies for new social media profiles and initiatives.
- Collaborates with the department chairs. Assists in the development, implementation, and ongoing revision of departmental editorial calendars and content planning.
- Engages with audiences on social media platforms (e.g., responding to comments, answering questions, etc.) on behalf of the SoA.
- Works with the Events staff to cover major events within the SoA, in collaboration with the Office of Community Relations, as needed.
- Interprets information/publications administrative rules and policies and recommends new and improved programs to effectively manage information/publications services.
- Creates written, visual, and multimedia content targeted toward specific social media platforms and audiences. Creates and updates content, calendars and overall web presence for the SoA webpages.
- Handles confidential matters, the untimely disclosure of which would be detrimental.
- May supervise lower level staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Media/Public Relations, Communications or appropriate degree and three (3) years of experience in a related field.
- Bachelor's degree in Art, Graphic Design, Architecture, or Animation preferred.
- Experience in advanced features in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and SharePoint.
- Experience in Architecture or Arts with knowledge of graphics and communication skills.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
Begin time: 8:30AM
End time: 5:00PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Must attend meetings off campus and occasionally attend functions on weekends and evening
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Shift may vary according to departmental needs.
The School of Architecture at FIU is looking for a creative, highly skilled and motivated person to join our team and lead the School's efforts on promoting and advancing our current top 20 rankings. If you have experience in graphics, video, visuals, writing and managing of website, newsletters, publications, social media assets or related experience, please apply to this position. For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 530675
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.