Collections RepresentativesELITE RESORT GROUP
We are looking for an organized and driven Collections Representative to join our growing team at Elite Resort Group on Hilton Head Island. The Collections Representative will work closely with our other collections personnel and operations personnel to handle day-to-day receipts. We’re an energetic company and are looking for a passionate individual to join our organization.
The main role of our Collections Representative is to ensure that the Company receives payments for services and properly records the transactions. The duties and responsibilities of this position require not only a knack for numbers, but also attention to detail and well-developed organizational skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare bills and invoices for services rendered.
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communication with customers via phone, email, fax or mail.
- Record payments by entering them into ledger or account software.
- Update receivables by totaling unpaid invoices
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies and resolve by investigation.
- Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections.
- Run reports and handle other projects as needed.
- Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all areas of responsibility. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
- High School Diploma or GED; an Associate’s Degree or equivalent from technical school is preferred.
- 1-2 years accounts receivable work experience
- Solid understanding of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Ability to post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- General math skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs. Peachtree software and Time-Share software knowledge is a plus.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Proficiency in English.
Physical Demands and Abilities:
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly.
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects.
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Frequently work on projects that require deadlines.
- Frequently bend to file ad maintain files.
- Occasionally lift 5-10 pounds.
This position is located on Hilton Head Island.
This is a Monday – Friday, full-time position and is considered a non-exempt, hourly paid position.