Category: Civil Service
Locations: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posted: Mar 31, 2023
Closes: Open Until Filled
Position ID: 160586
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, Dutchess Community College (DCC) is one of 64 colleges within the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country.
DCC's strategic direction is guided by four lenses through which we view our work: Students. Learning. Community. Growth. We are committed to respecting individuality, embracing diversity, being "student-ready," partnering with and serving our community inclusively. The College welcomes and seeks to grow pools of prospective employees who share and are anxious to support the institution's core values: Excellence. Collaboration. Engagement. Equity. Innovation.
The title of Housekeeper I is a full-time Civil Service position. Grade 6 with the starting salary of $38,434 plus benefits. Openings available on 1st shift (7:00 am - 3:30 pm) and 2nd shift (5:00 pm -1:30 am). 2nd shift entitled to additional 5% differential.
- Sweeps, mops, washes, strips, waxes floors utilizing commercial floor care machinery such as auto scrubbers, floor polishers, carpet extractors, buffers, burnishers, floor stripers, commercial vacuum cleaners, and wet/dry vacuums;
- Disinfect chairs, tables, desks and other furniture and all high touch surfaces such as handrails, elevator controls, door handles, etc.;
- Clean and disinfect restrooms, washes windows, walls, woodwork, white boards and similar building components, furnishings and equipment;
- Set-up and break-down for campus events (inside and outside) including the moving of furniture, required to follow event floor plans, and supporting dining services;
- Required participation in rotational on-call coverage;
- Participates in snow and ice control activities
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Proven working experience as a cleaner preferred
- Ability to handle heavy cleaning equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
A full background screening with be conducted.
DCC is an AA/EOE employer. Dutchess Community College (College) as part of The State University of New York, in its continuing effort to seek equity in education and employment, and in support of federal and state anti-discrimination legislation, has adopted a policy to provide an educational and employment environment free from unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction.
For additional information and to apply visit our website at sunydutchess.interviewexchange.com or visit the Office of Human Resources,located in Bowne Hall, Rm 118, 53 Pendell Road, Poughkeepsie NY or call 845-431-8670.
To apply, visit https://sunydutchess.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=160586
Copyright Â©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency