DIESEL MECHANICCox Enterprises / Clarendon Farms, LLC
Clarendon Farms, LLC, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises is seeking a Mechanic. This position will work under the supervision of the Operations Manager at Clarendon Farms LLC in South Carolina. The Mechanic must be proficient with agricultural tractors and implements, heavy construction equipment, automotive, marine engines, ATV maintenance and small engine repairs.
The Mechanics responsibilities may vary and are not limited to the following:
- Routine service, maintenance, diagnosis and repair of Heavy Construction Equipment, Agricultural Tractors and Equipment, Heavy Duty Trucks, Automotive and Light Duty Trucks, Marine Engines and Hulls, ATV/4 Wheeler and Small Engine Repair
Must be able to weld steel and aluminum.
Possess solid knowledge of Electrical and Hydraulic Systems.
Working knowledge of diagnostic scan tool operation and Caterpillar software.
Order needed service parts, shop supplies, lubricants and chemicals and verify inventories are in stock at all times.
Schedule and coordinate with Operators/Drivers for any needed routine maintenance repairs/intervals and warranty repairs so that downtime is kept to a minimum.
Schedule and coordinate pickup/delivery of any vehicles/equipment that is sent to outside vendors for repair.
Train and advise Drivers/Operators on proper operation, safety and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
Responsible for all records keeping of routine maintenance service repairs/intervals and warranty repairs.
Monitor and order fuel for on-site fuel tanks when needed. Replace fuel tank pump filters when needed.
Monitor and maintain residential/industrial generators at 3 different locations.
Maintain cleanliness of mechanic shop and surrounding area.
- Safely operate, maintain and inventory shop tools and equipment.
- 3+ years’ experience in Diesel/Heavy Equipment/Agricultural Mechanics.
- A current driver’s license is required (possession of CDL preferred)
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work efficiently outdoors in all weather conditions and must be prepared for both extreme heat and cold.
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to but not limited to 50 lbs
- Must be energetic and have the stamina to sit, stand, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time
- A vision for quality and excellence in service
- Good organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work 40+ hours per week, weekends and holidays as needed.