Timeshare Foreclosure ParalegalBurr Forman McNair HHI
Burr Forman McNair, a Southeast, regional firm with 360 attorneys and 19 offices in Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, has an immediate opening for a Timeshare Foreclosure Paralegal in the Bluffton office. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage judicial and non-judicial foreclosures.
- Manage foreclosure from referral through conclusion.
- Accurately meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Review foreclosure referrals and loan documents.
- Review title searches and identify title issues.
- Review payoff information and order payoff documents.
- Draft side letter agreements.
- Obtain/review UCC Continuous/Assignments as requested by bank.
- Obtain/review release of mortgages/UCCs as requested by bank when loan is paid off.
- Prepare legal descriptions and assignment letters.
- Prepare complaints and filing same with applicable courts.
- File for judgment or submit documents to courts in support of judgment.
- Draft notices of sale, review publications, and monitor sale process in general.
- Review bid instructions and prepare auction packages.
- Prepare foreclosure deed and supporting documents for execution and recording.
- Satisfy requirements of title companies.
- Monitor and update lender/servicer websites to ensure compliance.
- Assist attorneys in preparing for trials, hearings, and closings.
- Perform substantial drafting of pleadings and discovery associated with representation of mortgage servicers and investors.
- File and upload documents to firm’s document management system.
- Identify appropriate laws, judicial decisions, and legal articles pertinent to a case.
- Provide updates and timely responses to clients.
- Must be flexible and willing to take on tasks outside normal job duties and be willing to work with and manage the expectations of multiple attorneys.
A two-year degree in paralegal studies or NALA certification is required. A Bachelor's degree plus a paralegal certificate from an ABA-accredited program and 2 years of applicable experience is preferred. Attention to detail and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook are required. Competitive salary and benefit package. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Burr & Forman is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and promoting lawyers and staff without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, military and protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, or disability.