Legal Assistant (Immigration/Employment)
We are seeking an Immigration/Employment Legal Assistant to work closely with attorneys and paralegals on the processing of immigration petitions and employment matters for our clientele. We have a national Business Immigration and Global Mobility practice, and this position will provide administrative legal support for our practice and perform other projects and assignments as needed. We are a growing team and offer a professional, team-oriented work environment with state-of-the-art technology, competitive salary and benefits, and flexible work schedules.
- Support attorneys and paralegals in connection with all aspects of immigration/employment documents and filings, including calendaring, correspondence and document preparation.
- Assist attorneys and paralegals with file maintenance, new matter intake, monitoring matter progress and related duties.
- Utilize immigration case management system for electronic filing and management of immigration documents including reminder notifications, reporting and case activities.
- Assist with preparation of Excel reports and PowerPoint presentations for various engagements.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Strong technology skills and experience with Microsoft Office/Outlook/PowerPoint and Excel and experience and/or willingness to learn immigration software.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously with good time management.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
Burr & Forman is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and promoting lawyers and staff without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, military and protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, or disability.
Burr & Forman is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please contact our Employment Administrator at (205) 458-5490 and let us know the nature of your request