School custodian creates a clean, safe and distraction free learning environment for students of all ages. Positions in custodial area include floor tech, day porter, janitor, supervisors with the ability to have full-time, part-time, day and night shifts and can be seasonal or year round. Experience is a plus and training is provided.
- Desire to work in a K-12 school.
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, reach climb, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Position requires heavy lifting at times: equipment, furniture, books etc.
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of BPS.
- Experience in housekeeping, janitorial, custodial or commercial cleaning is a plus.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Ensure students, their families and all visitors have a great first and last impression of our facilities.
- Cleans offices, classrooms, hallways, lobbies, rest rooms, corridors, locker rooms and other work areas
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums, dusts furniture and equipment
- Assists in providing project cleaning of buildings which includes lifting and removing furniture from rooms, shampooing carpets, cleaning blinds, light fixtures/shields, washing walls, windows, doors and furniture
- Operates various types of equipment and machinery, which include wet vacuums, hand trucks, vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, floor buffers, automatic scrubbers, etc
- Empties waste baskets, transports trash and waste to disposal area
- Sets up tables and chairs in multi purpose and lunch rooms
- Replenishes paper and soap products in bathrooms, cleans mirrors, walls, showers, sinks, metal work and toilets
- Aids with any outside cleaning chores, which may include sweeping sidewalks, and picking up trash
- May be required to lock and/or unlock doors
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others.
- Willingness to follow directions.
- Perform work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Must be able to pass a SLED back ground check.
- Sex offender and other related background checks will be conducted.
- Provide a TB Test.
- Provide work authorization documents.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job. Should have the ability to lift 30 lbs continuous basis and occasionally up to 50lbs unassisted.
WORK PLACE EXPECTATIONS:
- Work effectively with and respond to diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior, speech, and dress in a neat, clean and professional manner for the assignment and work setting.
- Have regular and punctual attendance.
- Follow all School policies, work procedures, and reasonable requests by the proper authorities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Bridges Preparatory School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.