Lead School NurseBridges Preparatory School
Immediate Opening for Lead School Nurse
Bridges Preparatory School, a public, Paideia, Stem Charter school is looking for qualified, dedicated & innovative people to join our rapidly growing school. Bridges Prep is currently seeking a Full Time Lead Nurse to join our team.
- Associate Degree Preparation in Nursing, Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure in State of South Carolina.
- School Nurse Certification preferred.
- Current Adult, Child, and Infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
- 3 Years of previous related nursing experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Proven ability to take initiative, to be resourceful, make sound nursing judgments and present self in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Expertise in applying the nursing process, health promotion, and prevention strategies.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing.
- School Nursing Experience.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Instructor.
- National Certification.
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
Provides emergent, episodic and scheduled Nursing Services to school students, staff and visitors, such as:
- Illness, injury assessments and interventions in accordance with school clinical policies.
- Ensures medication policy compliance.
- Performs scheduled procedures as ordered.
- Emergency response as indicated.
- Related staff training as appropriate.
- Case management of students with chronic health conditions to facilitate optimal health in order to learn.
- Review all students' health information provided by parents in order to identify students with chronic health conditions.
- Provide a nursing assessment (to include student, parent, MD and appropriate school staff).
- Develop and implement Individual healthcare Plan (IHP), coordinating health care needs into the school setting.
- Develop and implement Emergency Action Plan (EAP) used to train and educate the identified school staff in the appropriate emergency response.
Provides health screenings to identify barriers to learning, initiates referrals and assists families in gaining access to health care for interventions as appropriate. Promotes and assists in the control of communicable disease through providing preventative immunization programs, early detection, and surveillance reporting and follow-up of contagious diseases.
Actively participates in school teams such as:
- Wellness Team.
- 504 Team.
- IEP Team.
- Core Team.
- Crisis Team.
- Emergency Response.
Team Ensures that school is incompliance with district, state and federal mandates and submits appropriate reports as required. Promotes a safe physical environment, maintains health clinic to provide for emergency and medical needs of students. Keeps the nurse liaison and school principal informed of health-related issues.
Requires excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
A solid nursing knowledge base and familiarity with policy and laws is required in order to identify and "triage" immediate needs and provide required interventions.
Adequate strength and mobility to catty out daily nursing duties, including pushing an adult in a wheelchair, frequent bending, walking and lifting, working use of all extremities to carry out daily tasks; ability to drive between campuses with reliable automobile.