Water Operator III or IVBeaufort Jasper Water & Sewer Authority
Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority is looking for: Water Operator III or IV
Operates the Surface Water Treatment plant(s), ground water systems, and Aquifer Storage and Recovery systems in accordance with SCDHEC regulations.
Performs a variety of duties involving treatment plant operations, distribution systems operations, instrumentation calibration, equipment monitoring and preventative maintenance and administration tasks.
Designated when necessary as Lead Operator and acts independently and autonomously during 12-hour shift by performing higher degree of treatment functions.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 3 to 4 years' experience as an operator of a public water treatment facility.
• A S.C. Class B or A (prefer A) Surface Water Treatment Plant Operator Certification.
• Valid driver's license. Ability to read and write and perform basic math calculations.
• Ability to operate a variety of equipment and instruments used in plant operations.
• Basic mechanic skills to perform equipment checks and preventative maintenance and complete instrument calibration.
• Computer experience in Excel, Word and ability to learn new software.
$19.60 to $22.05 per hour, DOQ + excellent benefits package.
EEO/AA/M/W/Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.