Technical Maintenance Specialist IBeaufort Jasper Water & Sewer Authority
Beaufort-Jasper Water & Sewer Authority is looking for:
Technical Maintenance Specialist I
Assists with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, instrumentation, maintenance & repair of all equipment related to BJWSA’s water & sewer systems. Assists in troubleshooting & assessment of maintenance & repairs, the planning & requisition of parts, & the implementation of repair.
- Requires a High school diploma or equivalent with 1 year of vocational or technical school training in general electrical and mechanical studies with a minimum of 2 years of experience dealing with the same or an equivalent combination of education & experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, & abilities.
- Must possess ability to communicate, both orally & in writing & requires computer experience.
- Must possess or complete training in confined space entry, bloodborne pathogen, hazardous material, first aide/CPR, forklift operations, crane operations, & lockout-tagout within 2 years of hire.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Class D Water Distribution license & a Class D Wastewater Collection System license within 1 year of hire.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, & obtain a CDL within 1 year from hire.
Starting Salary: $18.14 per hour plus excellent benefits package.
EEO/AA/M/W/Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply