Learning & Development Specialist
Beaufort-Jasper Water & Sewer Authority is looking for: Learning & Development Specialist
Supports BJWSA by organizing, developing, scheduling, coordinating & delivering training programs & activities. Works closely with departments on customizing course curriculum & job aids. Additional duties involve identifying appropriate assessments, training requirements, researching training materials, selecting appropriate facilitators, training delivery and working with the Training Coordinator to schedule training events. Interacts with community, local, regional, educational, & other utilities’ staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Training, Organizational Dev., HR, Business or Public Admin., or related field.
• Minimum 5 yrs’ experience in Adult Ed., Business Training, Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, HR, Business or related field.
• Experience in a fast-paced business environment preferably in public and private industries.
• Extensive experience with computer applications (Microsoft), desktop pub lishing software, & ability to operate company software.
• Excellent leadership, analytical, dynamic presentation, technical instruction al design, verbal/written skills, & superior administrative & organization skills.
• Prefer experience as a direct or functional manager, while serving as a coach & mentor.
• Ability to exercise individual judgment while resolving conflict. Ability to prioritize work effectively & meet deadlines.
• Must be comfortable and effective interacting at all levels including Board of Directors.
• Prefer APTD, CPLP or PHR certification. Must obtain 1 of these within 5 yrs.
• Valid driver’s license.
Starting Salary: $26.36 to $32.94 per hr (depending on qualifications) plus excellent benefits package to include S.C. Retirement System, 401k, generous PTO, medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, an entrenched safety culture, numerous employee recognition forums, extensive talent development opportunities, and a collaborative team and family type atmosphere.
Deadline to apply: 11-8-2020
EEO/AA/M/W/Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.