The Auburn University College of Agriculture seeks candidates for an Accountant position. This position performs financial management consisting of state, federal, and contract & grant funding for the Department of Horticulture.
About the Department of Horticulture: The Auburn University Department of Horticulture’s outstanding, science-based undergraduate degrees and exceptional faculty/alumni have earned industry-wide respect and built solid connections with horticulture-related companies across the country.
For more information about the Department of Horticulture, please visit: https://agriculture.auburn.edu/research/hort/
Why should YOU consider a career with the Horticulture team?
- Competitive employee benefits + state retirement plan.
- Tuition assistance for you and your dependents.
- Generous leave policies (including paid parental leave!)
- The satisfaction of knowing YOU are a part of providing the premier academic experience at Auburn, as well as the life-changing work our students perform.
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
About Auburn University: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship, and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the day-to-day financial operations for the department.
- Advise the Department Head and faculty on a variety of financial matters related to teaching. research, and outreach activities; prepare and/or assist with the development of annual budget.
- Prepare, review, and oversee expense vouchers, invoices, and purchases in compliance with Auburn University’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective interaction, communication, and act as a liaison with various administrative and business units across campus.
- Manage the financial activities of departmental service centers.
- Advise faculty of account balances and applicable charges to grant and gift accounts.
- Assist in submission of grant proposals along with budget development and management.
Minimum Education and Experience
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Field of Study Accounting, Finance, OR a degree in any field plus a CPA.
Minimum Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to organize, prioritize work, and handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management.
- Ability to successfully work both independently and in a team environment.
- In addition, the candidate must be able to build and maintain positive relationships with others in administrative offices across campus.
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Quick Link for Internal Postings: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/30804